Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stay away from me, truth!

Today

This morning I make a phone call to my friend. My intention is to wish her good luck for her new home. She is getting the keys to her first home ( own home of course!). her husband answers. The following happens,

Sandy ( her husband) : Hello
Me : Hi Sandy
Sandy : oh hi!
Me: So, aren't you excited about today?
Sandy ( very dryly) : Yes.
Me (can sense the lack of enthusiasm): I just wanted to wish Sin ( his wife and my friend) all the best.
Sandy: Oh ok.
Me: Is Sin busy or could I have a word with her?
Sandy: Oh, she is in the washroom.
Me: That's ok, I'll talk to her later.

In the background, I hear Sin talking. I hear their son C screaming,"SHE IS NOT IN THE WASHROOM!" .....I quickly say bye and hang up.

Why don't you just stay away from me, Truth???

Last week

Last week, my son's teacher sent me a note saying," V pushed Ch with both hands on purpose." Now, Ch lives very near our house. I asked my son why he pushed Ch.
He said: "I didn't".
Me: You did. your teacher says so.
He:No, I didn't.
Me: Please tell the truth.
He: I really didn't mom.

I take V and go to Ch's house to apologize . I knock on the door. Ch's grandfather opens the door.
Me to the grandfather: I am sorry V pushed Ch.
He: Oh really? I didn't know.
Ch comes to the door : Hi
Me to Ch: V wants to apologize to you.
Ch: for what?
Me: Didn't he push you at school?
Ch: No, he didn't.
Me: Are you sure?
Ch: Yes, I am.
Me: Ok Ch, that's good. I am glad you both are good friends. See you tomorrow . Bye!

Stay away from me, Truth!
( My son's teacher is now out to prove a point because of all the trouble we had last month!)


Last month

My friend at school: Hey, did you finish studying for the test next week?
Me: No, I am still stuck with the assignments. Did you?
My friend : No, I never study earlier. I am a last minute person, somehow I still manage good grades. I haven't even read the text book once. Let's hope for the best next week.
Me: Yeah, all the best. Could you please drop this book off at the library for me?
She: Oh sure
Me: Here is the book.

She struggles to put the book into her bag and another book falls out. From that falls out all her study notes for the test that's due next week. And, she hasn't even read the text book once??

Please stay away from me, TRUTH!

No comments: